At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
As a Front End Engineer, you get excited to collaborate with others, learn from them, and share your technical knowledge. You will work on large projects that span various groups across the organization. You have a thirst for knowledge and can understand other people's work and how your work will impact theirs.
We are on a mission to clarify complex data through scientific, statistical, and inspired study. We take pride in our tight-knit, highly-talented community that provides our employees with an environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do:
* Build, test, and deploy applications that disrupt existing niches
* Contribute to and help architect internal and consumer-facing projects including a UI component library, charting abstractions, and a suite of applicationsHelp ensure that our services are scalable and robust
* Work closely with numerous other teams including design, back end, machine learning, data infrastructure, and core infrastructure
What We Look For:
* Experience with React
* At least one core expertise, such as TypeScript, performance optimization, frontend infrastructure, system design, or data visualization
* Strong understanding of practical algorithms and data structures
* Attention to detail and thoroughness, including documentation and testing
* Desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor, and teammate
How to Really Get Our Attention:
* 2-5 years of experience with front end technologies
* Open-source project contributions showing thoughtfulness and initiative
* Past experience at a top software company
* Relevant research or publications
Technologies We Like:
* Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, and Jest
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered
* Unlimited vacation days
* Paid Parental Leave
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free snacks and drinks
* Dog-friendly office
* Cardio machines and weights in the office
* Hubway (bike sharing program) membership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Kensho is a data analytics and machine intelligence company.