Do you want to be at the leading edge of the big data transformation of a billion dollar media company? Do you want to help cultivate a petabyte-scale data platform and develop innovative new data services that will lead in the new era of publishing?
Hearst Magazine Media is seeking a Front-End Software Engineer to join our Pattern & Shape initiative, a new, innovative B2B insights project that will leverage Hearst first party data, 3rd party partner data and client data to generate disruptive insights for our advertising clients, initially serving the fashion and luxury verticals. With leading U.S. print and digital brands like Harper's BAZAAR, Elle, Esquire and Marie Claire, we benefit from a global leadership position in fashion and luxury, which we will leverage to provide a disruptive data and insights to better inform the media and marketing efforts of our advertising partners.
The Hearst Corporation is one of the nation's largest diversified media and information companies. Its major interests include magazine, newspaper and business publishing, cable networks, television and radio broadcasting, Internet businesses, TV production and distribution, newspaper features distribution, business information and real estate.
As a member of the Pattern & Shape team, this role will be building web solutions using modern front-end technologies like React, ES6, and GraphQL with a microservice architecture built on AWS and Kubernetes. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, curious, innovative, and enterprising software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to a fast-paced new initiative within Hearst.
* Responsible for the use and integration of front-end development technologies to create large scale websites and web-applications.
* Collaborate effectively with business owners, product managers, creative, data science, and engineering teams to create elegant user experiences.
* Experiment with emerging front-end technologies and user experiences.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience with a CSS Preprocessor such as Sass
* Experience with Sketch design software
* Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
* Experienced in agile development
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment as we innovate and iterate on a new product.
* Ability to rapidly build interfaces for customer feedback and validation.
* Experience building large-scale B2B applications.
Hearst publishes monthly magazines.