We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Join the Customer Engagement team to help merchants grow their business by giving them tools to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. Our current product suite includes CRM, loyalty and gifting, omni-channel marketing, feedback and messaging, etc. Square offers a seamless and simple solution that saves merchants time and provide a delightful experience to engage and reward their customers.
As an engineer on the Customer Engagement team you will...
* Work closely with product managers, designers, and internal teams to understand user needs
* Use your passion for great user experience to develop meaningful, delightful merchant and customer facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
* Write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests
* Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by learning new technologies and take on bigger responsibilities than ever before
* 3+ years of experience developing production software
* Prefer to focus on the front-end, but comfortable working full stack
* Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.)
* Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Rspec, etc.)
* Know how to tease out the right HTML and CSS (or Sass) for a given design
* Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java, or Golang
* A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
* A deep desire to be challenged and continuously improve as an engineer and leader
Bonus points if...
* You have experience or interest in learning A/B test design, growth, analytics, machine learning, systems
Technologies we use at Square:
* Ember.js, ES6, Sass
* Ruby / Rails, Java, Golang, Protocol Buffers
* MySQL, Redis
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.