We're looking for an experienced front-end developer who builds seriously remarkable products. If you're passionate about releasing excellent code, love working in an Agile environment, and are chomping at the bit to work with ReactJS, Saas, Webpack, and React Native, we want to hear from you.
As WebPT Reach's newest software engineer, you'll help us scale up the implementation of our Ruby on Rails SaaS products to manage tens of millions of patient records. More importantly, you'll do this all while the train is barreling down the tracks-pushing code to production multiple times per day.
At WebPT Reach, we place a premium on hiring the most talented people for our teams, and then give them the freedom to do their jobs. We are a small team that works hard-but we have lots of fun doing it. So, if you like a collaborative, challenging work environment, you'll fit right in.
* Work with product owner and design team to deliver the best possible user experience.
* Collaborate with your team to assess, experiment, spike, and recommend appropriate API endpoints to support frontend requirements.
* Maintain and debug existing React JS application code.
* Assist with the design and deployment of new features.
* Convert existing UI components to React JS.
* Research and understand problems from our users' perspective and perform application support duties as necessary.
* Be a consummate professional-as a software engineer, that means you exhibit excellent design, implementation, and testing discipline.
* Study like an A-plus student. You'll need to quickly learn and monitor operating system, application, and database performance-and then report your findings to others.
* Embrace the challenge of helping to grow a small development team into a larger, high-performing unit.
* Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants. This role is ever-evolving-just like WebPT Reach-so while you don't need to be Cirque du Soleil flexible, we may occasionally ask you to do a few cartwheels, or at least try some things outside of your wheelhouse.
Abilities and Knowledge
* Be organized, ahead of schedule, communicative, and accountable-in short, own your role entirely, while being open to critiques, suggestions, and new ideas.
* Jibe with our culture. We're talking grit, humility, efficiency, adaptability, transparency, and kindness.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
* Experience testing frameworks
* At least three years of experience with professional application development use of React and React Native
* Experience using caching technologies (e.g., Memcached, Redis, and Hazelcast) and message queues (e.g., ActiveMQ , RabbitMQ, Kafka, and SNS)
* Experience with Ruby on Rails and Rails APIs
* Experience building real-time web applications
* Knowledge of AWS
* Experience working with Agile teams
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
WebPT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WebPT, Inc. provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.