Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer who will be part of our Fraud and Risk team. The team is looking for a backend developer. Existing team has a variety of skill set varying from backend (Scala, Python, Java, Kafka), front end(node.js, react, redux), machine learning and data science (Spark, Python, Redshift, S3, Tensorflow). You will have the unique opportunity to grow as a strong backend developer while working closely with the team members who are expert in other areas as well.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who:
* Is eager to learn and inspire
* Excels in computer science fundamentals and team collaboration.
* Thinks at scale and work in real world problems
* Wants to develop skills and industry experience while working on fraud detection and prevention products that have a real impact
* Is able to see multiple sides of a problem, and to work with the team to implement solutions that take into account success and failure states, good actors and bad, and account for the massive growth that Twilio is experiencing.
You should have some or all of the following:
* Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of software development experience
* Strong background in computer science fundamentals
* Experience with Java/Scala, Python, PHP, mysql.
* Full stack developers with front end experience along with back end experience are welcome to apply.
* A great day for you would be working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building APIs used to protect Twilio and its customers, as well save significant revenue loss while contributing to customer engagement and trust.
* We are working as a company on enabling millions of developers to use Twilio across the world and help companies expand their business globally. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. In that mission, we believe every interaction should be wanted or intended. Thus, it is our duty to ensure that the hundreds of millions of communications we send every day are not misused for fraud and abuse. The Fraud Services team provides the central platform for fighting different types of fraud and abuse across Twilio. Apart from stopping bad actors, we enable the frictionless growth of our most trusted customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco and open to work from our office at 399 W El Camino Real, Mountain View. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.