Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development lifecycle and agile methodologies is key. Best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives you the ability to contribute to a wide range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
People who thrive in Athena are hands-on developers, who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. You're someone who has strong computer science foundations and is comfortable working across different platforms and languages. You're inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse. If this sounds like you, then Athena could be the perfect place to grow your career.
Why Athena Core?
* Work with some of the best technologists in the world, in a collaborative environment * Build new stuff! You will be working on greenfield projects * Make a difference! Your code can impact thousands of users * Develop code quickly - Athena Core is a true continuous deployment environment - your work can go live within hours * Variety - you could be working on a Cloud solution, high performance computing, Electronic Trading & Modelling, etc. Athena is used across our business. * Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience writing production quality code
* Experience architecting and designing distributed systems
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++ (but we're language agnostic and love talking to polyglots!)
* Experience with modern software engineering practices: code review, test-driven development, continuous integration, agile methodologies
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* And a deep knowledge in at least one of the following -
* Complex financial systems
* NoSQL databases
* Distributed systems
* Domain specific languages
* Grid computing
* Web applications
* Desktop UIs
* Developer tooling and development communities
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.