In the Windows Deployment team we install the OS components that compose the Windows images, manage adding and removing optional content, and also enable refreshing components with new fixes and critical updates to the OS. The device lifecycle for devices ranging from HoloLens, Laptops, Desktops, Phones, Azure Servers and even IoT (Internet of Thing) devices starts with the work done by this team. This team is key to the "Windows as a Service" strategy and we are on a mission to reduce the amount of time it takes to update Windows to the latest and greatest version.
We are looking for an experienced developer to join the team and help deliver and re-invent the Windows Deployment model to be as fast and interruption-free as possible.
You will drive the detailed technical design/implementation of key deployment scenarios for new and existing devices. Your code will run on billions of devices, and power mission-critical services. You will collaborate with senior technical leaders to enable modern deployment and update scenarios.
* BS degree in CS or related engineering field Solid design, programming and problem-solving skills
* 2+ years software development experience and a proficiency in at least one programming language (C++, C# or Java)
* Good communication, collaboration and planning skills
* Understanding of the Windows operating system and Win32 API
* Prior experiences showing the ability to work across team boundaries to deliver a complete end-to-end scenario
* Prior experiences showing the ability to resolve ambiguities effectively in designing new code and in diagnostic investigations
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Defining our roadmap Windows Deployments for consumers and enterprise
* Building prototypes and driving architectural design
* Driving design, working with other senior members of the team
* Working directly with customers and resolving issues quickly
* Work cross-team with Azure, HoloLens etc.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.