The core responsibility is to deliver product features. A major part of this is writing the code that drives our products. But the role of a software engineer is much bigger than just being a coding machine. Software engineers work on the whole development process, including:
* deciding what features to build
* driving the design
* writing the code (of course)
* pushing testing
* documenting the feature
* supporting customers in the field
Along the way, you might:
* extend and improve the test infrastructure
* hack on our engineering tools, including p4, django, python, rpm, ...
* work with sales and business development
* improve the content on our website
* love to program
* enjoy building things and shipping them, truly making them work
* find satisfaction in creating a really well-written piece of code
* care about keeping the code maintainable and preserving its integrity
* look for a better way, and strive to make it real
* care about the business too
* enjoy working with others who feel the same
* learn how things work, just for fun or out of curiosity
... then this job is for you.
A strong background in linux, C++, TCP/IP, python, hardware, drivers, compilers, or assembly language is a plus. A BSCS/CE degree is required.
USA Location Non USA Location
Arista is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Arista Networks
Arista Networks is a company delivering cloud networking solutions for large datacenter storage and computing environments.