Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
The Experience Team is responsible for enabling millions of Venmo users the ability to use their Venmo balance for purchasing goods online or in physical stores.
What You'll Do
* Create and implement architecture consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles and work with engineering to ensure that implementations are consistent with the spirit of these principles
* Build products that would drive the business for Venmo as a whole. For e.g. Venmo Card, Pay With Venmo etc.
* Cross collaboration with multiple teams on building awesome commerce solutions.
* Understand the broader business and contribute to technology direction
* Develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements
* Provide leadership to both junior and senior engineers
What We're Looking For
* Bachelor's and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
* 5+ years experience in software development or a related field
* Experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like mySQL, MongoDB, Python, etc.
* Experience working in Python and Django framework is a plus.
* Strong object-oriented programming skills
* Experience mentoring and developing software engineers
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.