United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Software Engineer - Level 2 Experienced - Mission Simulation
This software engineering position is within the B-52 Team in the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time software applications and associated user interfaces
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
* Capture and perform requirements analysis
* Further develop the architecture of software product designs
* Develop detailed software design specifications
* Modify/create engineering design documentation
* Review and critique peer engineering designs
* Present design to the customer during milestone events
* Provide accurate time estimates for the software development effort
Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other Bachelor of Arts in a STEM program (including Computer Science).
* U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
* MFC or similar GUI experience
* C++ experience
* Object Oriented Programming
* Problem Solver
* Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* Real-time programming
* Simulator experience
* Private pilot license
* Air Force / Bomber knowledge
* Continuous Integration / Automated testing
This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms