Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our elite Epic team takes pride in having completed our initial Epic implementation fully half a year ahead of schedule.
We are excited to announce that we are implementing Epic EHR for clinical and patient financial activity as well as consolidating ancillary core systems at White Plains Hospital (WPH), Nyack Hospital and Burke Rehabilitation. This project supports Montefiore Health System’s strategic initiative to more closely integrate members and provide more advanced and better-coordinated care to patients in the region.
As part of this expansion, our Epic mobile hardware support team is seeking a Software Engineer to use his/her extensive knowledge of the client’s clinical or business requirements, application capabilities, and his/her technical skills to implement and support applications. The Software Engineer is responsible for the implementation of new applications, upgrades, and modifications to existing systems and assisting in the coordination of these efforts. The Software Engineer is also responsible for the application configuration, go-live support, and on-going client support. The Software Engineer works on multiple projects concurrently and will provide outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
* Use programming languages and technologies to develop and write computer programs.
* Convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to logical flow charts.
* Work with Business Systems Analysts or work directly with users to gather information regarding requirements and specifications for the application.
* Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* May be responsible for converting requirements gathered from user into specifications.
* Modify existing software to correct errors, allow adaptation to new hardware, for enhancements, or to improve performance.
* Participate in testing of all new development and modifications.
* Conduct unit testing of programs and software applications to be certain they will produce the desired information.
* Document program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Update design/process flow documents.
* Build deployment packages to automate and ensure the quality of installation routines for new applications, service packs and/or upgrades.
* Provide assistance and troubleshooting to the team and users with solving application related problems. May be responsible for rotating support of application or system on 24x7 basis.
* Participate in project planning, with estimates of work.
* Performs other related duties as required
* Software development
* Application testing
Epic Rover/Haiku Experience
Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience.
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 102243
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.