Blue Origin is seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about building software and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of Blue Origin's Manufacturing and Supply Chain operations. Our team collaborates with engineers across the Blue Origin to provide state-of-the-art software solutions. Our goal is to deliver iterative improvements to the processes and tools used in building, launching and maintaining our re-usable engines and rockets. As a software engineer in Enterprise Software you'll be a member of a team that participates in the full software product development lifecycle. You and your team will help gather requirements, design and code features and help support our users. We value people who are ready to learn new things, beginning on the first day. We're looking for teammates who will be committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and repeatable spaceflights.
As a software engineer on our team, you can expect to build and operate:
* Scalable microservices built in Java/Node.js which expose GraphQL and REST apis and are deployed into Kubernetes and AWS
* Highly complex databases utilizing MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Neo4J
* High performance web applications using modern front end frameworks Angular.io and React
* Design, code, test and deploy new features and systems using CI/CD best practices
* Work with a UX designer to design and build user interfaces and iterate based on user feedback
* Select appropriate libraries and open source technologies to integrate and use within projects
* Provide operational support for the team's production systems
* Integrate our custom software with third party systems
* Think outside the box; Challenge the status quo and find ways to make it better
* A demonstrated ability to develop complex end-to-end software
* The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
* An internal drive to deliver results with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
* Solid communication skills; open to the opinions of others, and willing to own mistakes
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline
* Experience with:
* Java and related technologies
* Microservice architecture and associated platforms
* Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment strategies
* Modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
* Typescript, Angular.io and related libraries
* Relational or non-relational database design/implementation
* Writing software to access MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Neo4J
* Manufacturing or supply chain optimization software or processes
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.