As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will bring a software development perspective to aerospace applications of big data storage, transformation, analysis, and visualization. As a Software Engineer, you will identify novel, robust solutions to automate data transfer, modeling, analysis, and processing so engineers can increase the frequency and coverage of qualification tests and verification. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration; we're looking for teammates who will be as committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and repeatable spaceflights as we are!
* Develop and support frameworks for automating embedded software verification, data analysis pipelines, and time-series data visualization.
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to understand their needs and translate those into system requirements and designs, to accelerate their progress during all phases of vehicle development, test, and operation, up to and including the day of launch.
* Evaluate, integrate and extend commercial products using industry standard integration approaches, including REST web services and message queues.
* Fix software problems at multiple levels, including installation, deployment, configuration, server side and client side issues.
* Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and communicate complex systems to a diverse user base.
* Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
* Experience deploying applications in Linux, including troubleshooting and optimization.
* Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development, review, deployment, and support phases of the software product lifecycle.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Some of our users answer critical engineering questions using the Python scientific computing ecosystem (SciPy, NumPy, Matplotlib, IPython/Jupyter). Be sure to mention any experience you have in a scientific or engineering discipline.
* We deploy infrastructure on-premises and to Amazon Web Services. Let us know if you have too!
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.