Auto req ID: 181446BR
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team - tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo's Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science does:
* Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
* Lay the groundwork for reinforcement learning systems for eventual operations optimization
* Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
* Work with PepsiCo's strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
* Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
How PepsiCo Data Science does it:
* Script using Python
* Stochastically optimize function approximators using Tensorflow
* Optimize networks on a team server with 4 Tesla V100s (Nvidia's new model with TPU cores)
* Store and access relational data in a SQL database
What our team looks for in a Software Engineer:
* Software Engineering expertise.
* Candidate should be comfortable designing and developing software engineering solutions for modern machine learning applications.
* Candidate should be experienced developing clean, tested, scalable code using standard coding guidelines.
* Fluent in Python, SQL, and core Python libraries such as Pandas.
* Tensorflow and/or Pytorch deployment experience preferred.
* Flask and/or Django product deployment experience preferred
* Web Development expertise.
* Experienced building interacting web portals that support surfacing machine learning backend systems, interacting with external APIs and allowing user input.
* Web portal development comfort should include supporting python and Tensorflow back ends, persisting ML models, and interacting with SQL databases.
* Confident leading our decision about what web tools to use to interact with what software systems.
* Database Experience
* Experience designing databases and building efficient table architectures in SQL and Hadoop.
* Knowledgeable and comfortable working with a variety of modern database softwares and architectures and can help us make database decisions considering table structures, storage, query support and other considerations.
* Confident taking the technical lead to architect large data sources using common big data principles to assist data scientists' ability to perform analysis.
* Excellent business communication.
* Clearly and concisely express complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Outlining their approach to business problems in formal presentations forums and writing.
* Proposes custom solutions to business problems.
* Internal Communication
* Sets team deliverables and timelines, prioritizes tasks, and communicates prioritization
* Works independently with business stakeholders to identify problems and outline solutions
* Defines and evaluates meaningful performance metrics on a project by project basis
* Education in a computer science/math related technical field (Masters preferred, bachelors minimum)
* 4+ years' experience in a technical role
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.