As part of the Microsoft Cloud + AI division, we at the COSINE team (Core Operating System & Intelligent Edge) deliver technologies and solutions that lay OS platform foundation across Microsoft product lines. Whether that's to power the 800+ Million Windows 10 devices running in homes and businesses worldwide, or to fuel the further growth of highly scalable and available Azure Cloud and Windows Servers, or to amaze customers with futuristic AR/MR experience in HoloLens devices, or to extend the "Intelligent Cloud & Intelligent Edge" vision to billions of cross-platform IoT devices, we are the platform engine for Microsoft to accomplish its mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more!
Are you excited by any aspects from above? You could be the one we are looking for if you are! We are hiring highly motivated and initiative-taking Software Engineer to join our adventure. You will find yourself immersed in a diverse team of world-class engineers that seek challenges, drive for customers impact, love learning and value teamwork. You will have unparallel opportunities not only to work across the company to deliver engineering innovations, but also to positively impact the industries, ecosystems and real customers at the global scale.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of professional work experience developing scalable, reliable system-level software with C++, C# or other object-oriented programming languages
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
* Strong design, coding, problem solving and analytical skills
* Passion for developing delightful customer experiences
* Ability to effectively collaborate cross teams and ship production features in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Friday, July 19th, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will be designing and building products & solutions in the operating systems and living the experience for entire stack, either at the base level, system level, application level, or cloud services. You will work on different operating systems in a wide range of technology spaces, such as security, kernel, media & graphics, and so on. You will have opportunity to learn the largest scale of software engineering both within Microsoft and in the open source community.
Successful candidates exhibit these attributes that will enhance their ability to succeed in the position:
* Customer Focus - The focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and solutions to that value is a critical factor for successful engineers at any level.
* Collaboration - Most development work is delivered by working with others, both within your immediate team and across business units in the company.
* Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its solution is a skill and ability successful engineers exhibit.
* Technical Excellence - Core to being a Software Engineer is his or her technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest programming languages, but demonstrating passion for technology, curiosity for better problem solving solution, ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, and deliver success.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.