Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Using the latest cloud services and tools, you'll help build highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed applications that provide industry leading security to millions of people worldwide. We are focused on the core platform, and our mission is to create the systems and tools to enable other teams to work more quickly and effectively. You'll get to solve complex problems that may have never been solved before.
Who You'll Work With
You will join a dynamic, multi-talented Engineering team where new features are delivered to customers multiple times a day. We apply our startup culture to the problems of a multi-billion dollar business. We have a diverse set of skills, so you'll learn and grow every single day.
Who You Are
You're a Software Engineer that enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter that's willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately. Security is a foundational part of your work, and you enjoy solving problems on a scale that few other companies encounter.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
* Experience designing, implementing, and supporting secure, large-scale customer-facing web property or service
* Experience with secure coding best practices and remediation
* In-depth knowledge of object-oriented concepts, programming, and systems design
* Understanding of various design patterns and Service-Oriented Architecture
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Experience in an Agile environment
* Experience building (and supporting) microservices and multi-datacenter applications
* Amazon Web Services
* Relational databases (MySQL, Amazon RDS)
* NoSQL databases (Amazon Dynamo, Cassandra)
* Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Terraform)
Cisco is a company that manufactures and distributes Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and other products.