Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer (DevOps)
This role will support/lead the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems with a focus on delivering efficient, reliable, resilient, scalable, and high performing solutions. The resource is accountable for partnering with various teams (internal and 3rd party technical teams) in identifying options, driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing solutions and providing technical direction. May have accountability for the management of day to day work and growth of direct reports.
* Manages complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms and technical disciplines
* Implement standard patterns and solutions to increase design and implementation efficiency
* Recognizes and implements automation opportunities
* Actively solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements
* Assimilate information and requirements from a variety of sources into one comprehensive view
* Very strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT, third party vendors, and business partners
* Learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
* Translate requirements into technical specs for core IT teams to figure out how we are going to reach a solution
* Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Focus on reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the solution
* Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions
* Educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
* Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
* Ability to build and nurture cross functional business and technology relationships
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 3 years of experience in Python
* At least 2 years of experience with CI/CD technologies
* At least 2 years experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
* At least 1 year experience with Software Defined Networking.
* Master's Degree in Computer Science
* AWS Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.