Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world's largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world's most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
You will work on the Trend Micro/TippingPoint Threat Suppression Engine (TSE) to develop and improve Trend Micro's custom, hardware-assisted deep packet inspection and security policy enforcement technology. The TSE operates at speeds up to 40Gbps in a single device and applies security policy based on a variety of network traffic criteria, including: signature-based detection of application payload, protocol awareness from layer 3 to layer 7, IP and application-aware reputation processing, URL filtering, and machine learning techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
* Strong programming in C
* Experience with Linux
* Working knowledge of networking architecture and TCP/IP
* Experience delivering real-time embedded applications on multi-core system using multi-threaded software design
* An open and collaborative mindset suited to a high performing team
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
* A customer-driven perspective
Highly desirable skills:
* Product development experience working on routing/switching, IP, TCP/UDP, SSL, etc
* Understanding and experience with network security
* Experience in virtualization (KVM or VMware)
* Experience in high availability or clustering
* Experience with iterative development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.