At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Uber is on the lookout for top-notch software engineers to join our Deep Learning Platform team in Seattle. This role involves building and managing robust, high scale distributed systems, and solving infrastructure challenges to empower Uber's product engineering and data science teams with the latest technologies in Artificial Intelligence.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Design and deliver software and tools as part of our state-of-the-art Deep Learning platform.
* Systems architecture design, including management of upstream and downstream dependencies.
* Provide technical leadership, influence and partner with fellow engineers to architect, design and build infrastructure that can stand the test of scale and availability, while reducing operational overhead.
* Drive efficiencies in systems and processes through automation: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
* Participate in periodic on-call rotations and be available for escalations.
* Collaborate with platform, product and security engineering teams, and enable successful use of infrastructure and foundational services.
What You'll Need
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of experience of systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
* Experienced user of Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
* Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
* Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
* Good working knowledge of networking, Linux, Docker, databases, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto.
* Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration and leadership.
Bonus Points If You Have
* Experience in building and managing distributed systems.
* Power-user Linux knowledge and willingness to explore Linux internals.
* Power-user of big data analytics technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto.
About The Team
The Deep Learning Platform team in Seattle works on software and services that democratizes and empowers teams in Uber to use the technology. You will be part of a team of strong software and systems engineers, executing in a fast paced environment. The Deep Learning Platform team is part of Michelangelo. For more information on the Michelangelo team as a whole, see recent blog posts:
* [Meet Michelangelo: Uber's Machine Learning Platform](http://eng.uber.com/michelangelo/)
* [Meet Horovod: Uber's Open Source Distributed Deep Learning Framework for TensorFlow](https://eng.uber.com/horovod/)
* [COTA: Improving Uber Customer Care with NLP & Machine Learning](http://eng.uber.com/cota/)
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.