Databricks provides a unified analytics platform that allows users to focus on extracting value from their data, while Databricks handles for them the challenging, data-agnostic, parts of analyzing Big Data, such as reliability, easily spinning up clusters, code management in notebooks, and scheduling production jobs. To achieve this, Databricks offers a cloud-hosted SaaS platform created around Apache Spark. This is where you come in. You should be a software engineer passionate about architecting, developing, deploying, and operating the Databricks product. You will build and extend the Databricks workspace, an interactive environment for machine learning and data scientists to load data, visualize results, and create statistical models. The workspace is a SaaS service that is used by thousands of data scientists every day.
* Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
* Architect solutions to achieve a high level of reliability, scalability and security.
* Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams, and with various other stakeholders such as product managers
* Operate in an Agile development environment
* 4+ years of production level experience on a full stack product, ideally in a SaaS environment
* Experience with usability and user experience
* Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
* Experience with API development
* Experience with software security and systems that handle sensitive data
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.