Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves.
As an Oscar Engineer, you'll be joining a tight knit, passionate team working on system design and architecture; complex data systems and pipelines; development of communications or other types of infrastructure; and lots more. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
What we're actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
* A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
* A platform to securely, accurately, and automatically make electronic payments to providers.
* A system to price and adjudicate claims in real time with startling accuracy.
* A generalized platform to communicate with people via various channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, and SMS.
You at Oscar:
* You have been programming professionally for 3+ years
* You care about what you do.
* You care about what we do.
* You're willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn't!
* You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
About Oscar Insurance
Oscar is a health insurance company that employs technology, design and data to humanize health care.