We have a goal: the more clients we have and the more information each of our clients shares with us, the better experience we can provide to all of our clients. To do this, we need to both scale our platform to handle our growing client base and deliver new features that take advantage of the increasing amount of information we have. Our data engineering team is at the center of this.
We're looking for engineers excited to help scale our existing data infrastructure and build out new compute capabilities. This includes making tradeoffs between online, offline, and streaming architectures, as well as learning the product well enough to understand the impact these decisions will make on clients.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
* Design and develop a framework for easily assembling training workflows and data pipelines for machine learning.
* Lead adoption and integration of new technologies to improve our Machine Learning Development and Production Spark pipelines
* Write efficient implementations of ML algorithms over CPUs & GPUs and advise on data science code quality
* Work with Data Scientists to improve tools to debug, visualize and inspect various features and models in production and testing
WHAT YOU HAVE
* 3+ years software engineering/ BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field | Equivalent training
* Exquisite SQL
* Strong grasp of available data pipeline and machine learning technologies (Spark, Tensorflow, AirFlow, SageMaker etc. - experience with AWS ecosystem a plus)
* Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions, as well as implement day-to-day changes
* Experience working in cross functional teams
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply!
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as "robo-advisors" when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we're not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients' finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we'll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.