Here at BlackSky Geospatial, we are building the premier global intelligence platform. Our Platform delivers timely, relevant, and actionable information allowing our customers to make swift and informed decisions.
As a Software Engineer, you'll be joining a (small) group of industry veterans who are passionate about writing quality software. Our current technology stack is based primarily on Python (Java a bonus), ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and Redis.
Our development team comes from many development backgrounds (from game engines to cloud computing) and has experience across the whole stack. Responsibilities include working with data scientists to productize machine learning models or geospatial analytics, developing scalable production data pipelines, and work with data query / data storage design for mission solutions.
We are NOT a "work hard, play hard" group. We are a "work smart" group, and you can play how you like on your own time. As a young company, we still offer opportunities to work on greenfield projects -- your job will not involve only maintaining legacy software.
What we do:
* Daily standup to ensure forward momentum and eliminate any roadblocks
* Simple, well-defined GitHub workflow
* Platform utilizes built-in code-checking tools
* Automatic unit-testing and deployment (strict practice of continuous integration)
* Flexible work schedule.
* Select your own development tools
* Most importantly: Deliver working software to our users
Who you are:
* An experienced software engineer. You are primarily fluent in Python, but can dive into Java if needed. Designing and implementing a REST API comes naturally to you.
* Experienced with data ingest pipeline ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) with technologies such as Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, or Hadoop.
* A driven communicator. On the Platform team, we communicate in video conferences, Issues, and Pull Requests. You are driven to ensure you share (and receive) context from your team and stakeholders.
* Self-taught learner. You thrive in learning new technologies and discovering techniques to further your (and your team's) game. We encourage learning sessions with team so everyone can benefit from your newly-sought knowledge.
* Detail Oriented. You enjoy collaborating with others and owning the implementation of the resulting decisions.
* Machine Learning exposure. You have studied machine learning, statistics, natural language processing, geospatial systems and can enjoy working with Machine Learning and Data Learning subject matter experts.
* Cloud Native. You have experience setting up data warehouses in AWS or Google Cloud.
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI Clearance Preferred
US Citizenship Required
Spaceflight Industries is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
About Spaceflight Industries
Spaceflight Industries is a space company that combines satellite design, rideshare launch offerings, and geospatial intelligence services.