Software Engineer (Data) - MoPub
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
MoPub, a Twitter company, provides flexible monetization solutions for mobile publishers. From individual developers to the largest names in mobile apps and games, MoPub's customers span the globe and generate tens of billions of ad requests a day. 48,000 apps (and counting) trust the MoPub SDK to seamlessly power their advertising needs and help keep their content free. We have a large, global footprint -- our open-source library is installed on more than 1 billion devices each month.
What You'll Do:
You will join passionate engineering team working on our MoPub data infrastructure, machine learning models, and various systems that use data to make better decisions for our customers. You will work closely with product managers, data analysts, data scientists, and other engineers to build and maintain a robust data products. You will build and use the latest highly scalable and performant systems to process dozens of terabytes of data a day.
As part of this work you will work build and scale our 1000+ node druid interactive query infrastructure and help to define, architect and build the next-generation data processing architecture that powers MoPub's business.
Who You Are:
* Backend software engineer with experience building distributed systems
* Understand of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
* Want to learn how one of the world's largest Ad Exchange works
* Able to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
* Backend development experience with a strong interest in work involving data pipelines, distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing Experience with software engineering practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
* Strong algorithms and data structures background
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Bonus Points (Not Required):
* Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
* Experience with data pipelines
* Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce-based architectures
* Experience with Kafka, Druid or other Streaming Compute based technologies is a plus
* Experience with ad tech is a plus
* Interest in ML
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.