Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Req #: 190040214
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
JP Morgan Chase operates in over 100 markets serving millions of customers, business, and clients (corporate, institutional, and government). It holds $18 trillion of assets under custody and manages $393 billion in deposits every day. As a member of the Application Classification and Protection team you will build trust with our customers to innovate and develop next generation solutions to protect our systems and data across the business. You will design and engineer software that will enable our business to meet the changing security standards while setting the strategic direction for how to support the business long term. To be successful you will need to connect with a global network of technologists from around the world to apply your skills to solve mission critical problems while embracing new technologies and methodologies. Along the way you will develop skills with a wide range of technologies including distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, and cybersecurity concepts and methodologies (encryption, tokenization, masking, and other data protection techniques).
The world of Cybersecurity involves adapting to a constantly changing world; as part of this team you will be thinking both how to solve problems in the now and also for the next generation of threats. JP Morgan Chase invests $9.5B+ annually in technology and you would be one of 40k+ technologists who innovate in how the firm builds initiatives like big data, machine learning, and mobile/cloud development. We want people like yourself to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Experience developing with Java, C# (or similar Object-Oriented languages) or
* Knowledge and experience designing and building large scale and high availability systems
* Experience utilizing operational tools and monitoring solutions that ensure the health and security of our services.
* 5+ years' experience developing enterprise software or Masters' degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree)
Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
* Working knowledge of Spring Framework (Core, Boot, MVC)
* Working knowledge of RDBMS and NOSQL technologies
* Working within an agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
* Experience with continuous delivery and deployment.
* Experience assessing of data protection approaches, requirements, and activities
* Understanding of cryptography, masking, tokenization or other data protection technologies and their impact to the application
* Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
* Experience developing software using continuous integration/deployment pipeline that includes vendor solutions
* Experience in next generation platforms such as cloud, PaaS, mobile, and big data
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.