At eero we deal with many billions of device data interactions everyday and we need engineers who can help us build scalable real-time data infrastructures to handle this growing stream of data. As a software engineer focusing on our data infrastructure, you'll have a key role in defining and building out data systems that handle everything from sensor data such as device temperature data to mesh network performance metrics to mobile device interaction data.
Our real-time data is critical to providing high performance, adaptive networks for our customers and actionable operational insights for the company, requiring a strong and scalable data infrastructure. We are a small company but with a large data challenge! For our data infrastructure we strive to choose technologies that build for our current and future data growth, creating a platform that makes use of technologies such as Kafka, Spark, HBase, and Parquet on AWS S3 as well as our own custom in-house low latency scalable data infrastructure.
Our data is one of our biggest opportunities to continuously improve things and make customer experiences better, and you can directly impact this and how things are done on eero's data team.
What you'll do:
* Add your skills to building out our near real-time data infrastructure and platform
* Create infrastructure to drive low latency Spark streaming based ETL data pipelines
* Extend our Data Lake storage platform
* Enhance our custom differential data handling and CEP platforms
* Define API's and data formats
* Build performant real-time systems that support querying our petabytes of data
* Work with cloud service, mobile, experience, and device teams
* Maintain and extend our big data systems
* Create infrastructure to drive our round-trip machine learning platform
* Participate in data projects we are looking to open source to the data community
We're looking for someone who has:
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* 3+ years of proven software development experience with big data
* Proven working experience in backend server development
* Experience with a strongly typed language such as Java, C++, C#, Go, or Scala
* In-depth dynamic language experience in Python or Ruby
* Solid knowledge of SQL/HQL with the ability to tune and optimize its performance
* Experience with Scala is a plus
* Working knowledge of the general scaling and server development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
* Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
* Experience with distributed big data solutions such as Spark, HBase, Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Scalding
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
eero is a provider of a home WiFi system.