All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO's garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We're a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That's where you come in!
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our Data team. The software engineer will work on all aspects of building a scalable and robust data pipeline, from collection to storage to querying and retrieval.
Although our platform is primarily written in Java and NodeJS, we value any Software Engineer who can think critically and learn quickly. We're hosted on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services and leverage many of their services to power our platform. We are looking for engineers who are comfortable with a variety of server-side technologies and are determined self starters who are passionate about technology.
* Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
* Work on our ETL pipeline, helping it scale with the growth of our company
* Develop solutions to ensure everyone in the company has access to the data they need
* Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our existing systems
* Write clear documentation as well as unit tests to ensure code reliability and ease of maintenance
* Perform stress and load testing across various core services
* Participate in code reviews
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Demonstrable results and products from 3+ years of relevant experience
* Experience working with databases and data infrastructure (eg. Redshift, BigQuery, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work alone or in small teams
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, "America's Dream Boss" for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain's list of best places to work in NYC. We'd love to meet you, so apply today!
Boxed is a mobile commerce company focused on delivering the big box club experience to mobile devices.