Software Engineer- Data and Enterprise Solutions
San Francisco, CA
Join Twitter's Data Products team, where we believe the thoughts, discussions, and debates expressed in public social conversation have unlimited value and near limitless application.
Who We Are
Our mission is to make this ever-expanding universe of social media data available via a consistent and reliable architecture so the world can realize the full potential of this amazing stream of information. If you're interested in building products that customers use daily to make key business decisions, resolve their own customers' concerns, and drive groundbreaking research, read on.
Our software collects, processes, enriches and delivers hundreds of billions of activities a day through a wide variety of social media APIs. Our products are highly available, scalable, optimized, respectful of Twitter's user base, and truly essential for our customers who build their businesses on Twitter data. We work closely with our product managers and customers to make sure we build the right products at the right time.
Our Data Products include:
* Real time streaming access to Twitter data
* Historical and sync access to archived Twitter data
* Enrichments on Twitter objects derived from the latest machine learning technologies
* Flexible access to aggregate data
What You'll Do
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, great! We are looking for an engineer who loves writing code, has a strong desire to learn new technologies, and wants to collaborate with teammates who are committed to serving their customers.
Who You Are
* You're smart and you love to build systems with purpose that are well tested, and flexible.
* You wish to surround yourself with smart people who will challenge you on a daily basis.
* You're excited to ramp up on new technologies to build awesome things with us!
* You're an expert software developer with experience building scalable and highly concurrent distributed systems.
* You want to help architect APIs that work with tremendous scale and make it easy for customers to generate insights about their business.
* You are an expert in an object oriented programming language and familiar with the JVM.
* You have experience working with big data processing (Flink, Hadoop, Storm, Scalding, Kafka etc) and NoSQL databases.
* BA/BS in Computer Science
* 3-10 years of industry or equivalent programming experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.