Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Infrastructure team develops and operates the data platform that powers data systems and decision-making. Our data pipe receives over 20 billion events a day, and we forward live data to tens of systems as well as powering decisions at all levels of Twitch. We provide tools to store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a software engineer on Data Infrastructure, you will deliver the next generation of Twitch data technology. Using Go and Python, you will build tools which are reliable and scale. You'll review and shape the work of your peers, and participate in a high performing engineering team.
* Develop new capabilities in our data warehouses and pipelines
* Improve the reliability, flexibility, and scalability of our existing tools
* Collaborate on our vision as we scale to our next petabyte
* 5+ years of software development experience
* 2+ years experience in Go or Python
* 1+ years working with distributed, highly available systems
* You've made petabytes of data usable
* You've worked with Amazon Web Services
* You contribute to open source
* You're a phenomenal communicator
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.