Have you ever wanted to work on a deep problem that is also the pillar of Microsoft's and industry's future? Do you want to develop software services that impact billions of customers and bring in billions of dollars of revenue? Are you passionate about building large scale services in the cloud? If yes, consider Azure Core Compute. We manage an order of million servers across dozens of data centers across the globe and turn those into usable Compute resources for customers. Azure Core Compute ships the platform that enables every kind of application running on Cloud from the largest enterprises to individual entrepreneurs. What used to take IT/Operations groups weeks to setup custom hardware, install software, patch OS, configure networks, install load balancers - our service does that in seconds and does so billions of times a day. Customers get the elastic compute capacity they want, as much as they want and in the shape that they want. These are powerful cloud paradigms that are shifting the entire industry and Azure Compute is Microsoft's spearhead in this battle.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
* Passion for the entertainment software industry, including a deep understanding of how 'ecosystems' function in the PC, mobile, and console gaming businesses, both online and offline;
* Excellent negotiation skills, especially with companies that may be simultaneously customers, vendors, and competitors
* High capacity for strategic thought and the ability to solve unstructured business problems
* Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to adapt to a quickly changing business environment
* Exceptional communication skills and ability to formulate insights and opinions around complex business problems
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Self-motivation with the ability to influence and collaborate with teams and individuals
* A strong team player that values the importance of the success of their overall group
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will be working to build the core infrastructure that enables creation and management of large scale deployments with tens of thousands of machines within fraction of minutes. You will be responsible to influence core architecture of the Azure stack and design and deliver functionalities end to end. You would have opportunities to demonstrate technical leadership, design distributed systems at scale, and deliver high quality of service through live site excellence. Prior exposure to technologies such as Azure, .Net/C#, building applications platforms or frameworks, data modelling, building scalable services will be an advantage.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.