Join the Commerce and Ecosystem (C+E) team - we build the new generation of platform/experiences which enables Azure, the fastest-growing cloud platform in the world, which makes billions of dollars of revenue! We develop and manage low latency and high throughput services for Azure billing, cost management and Big Data Analytics. The culture within the team is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver - that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals. If you enjoy driving innovation and are passionate about building services using latest cutting-edge technologies, this is the right opportunity for you!
As a Software Engineer on our team you will specialize in building large scale distributed Big Data services for critical customer scenarios. You will be empowered to envision, design, code and ship key features. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of people from across the company, giving you a wide exposure and a broad technical surface area.
* 2+ years design and/or development skills/experience
* Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms
* Ability to drive technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced startup environment
* Database expertise, is a strong plus
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Design and development of large scale online and offline platform to produce high quality data and services. Optimize platforms and systems to make them highly efficient in term of both time and space complexity. Develop a platform that is robust, allows for rapid development, low development cost, and low maintenance cost.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.