Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Core Platform Reliability
We are looking for top notch back end engineers who solve some of the hardest problems in Okta Engineering and own the reliability of our growing Core Platform. This platform lays the foundation with multitude of common services like caching, DB clustering and async frameworks that rest of the engineering teams build on. This multi-faceted team evaluates and adopts new technologies, builds innovative frameworks, crafts new microservices and tunes the platform that help Okta provide a reliable, robust and responsive service to our customers. The projects these engineers work on are impactful and highly visible presenting excellent growth opportunities and breadth of experience across various technologies. We're cloud native, where redundancy, multi-tenancy, scale, resource optimization and resiliency are first class citizens. With Okta's mantra of "Always On!" there's never a dull moment. Our biggest asset is our team of passionate engineers and technically minded managers.
You'll be joining a team of highly skilled and talented team players who're proud of what they own and deliver. Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver cloud-based infrastructure projects that will solve reliability issues and help Okta's service scale
* Champion innovative and scalable solutions across the engineering organization
* Drive evaluation, development and roll out of new technologies/frameworks
* Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standard by writing unit and functional tests.
* Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
* Implement unit and functional tests
* Collaborate with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Immense passion about doing the right thing to help Okta's technology stay ahead of its anticipated business growth
* Solid technology chops in architecting, implementing, tuning and debugging some of the largest cloud deployments in the enterprise world
* 3+ years of expansive programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java, especially in backend services. A superior understanding of multithreading, garbage collection, memory management
* 2+ years experience of working with MySQL or equivalent relational database systems
* Experience with AWS, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes and Docker or similar technologies
* Demonstrably followed best software engineering principles
* Experience with enterprise SaaS
* Familiarity with Agile software development process
* Previous experience in a Platform reliability role will be nice to have
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent; master's preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta (formerly known as SaaSure) is a provider of an independent identity management platform for enterprises.