Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source company with 800+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform (which people, and Gartner, seem to like) and we have this strange and cool greater-than-profit vision of giving employees 5 days paid off to volunteer and 10% of our profits to charities. Some have used their volunteer time to fly to Japan and help rebuild towns after the tsunami, others stay local and build websites for non-profits or volunteer at foster homes or soup kitchens.
Less about us, more about you. You're a solid backend engineer who enjoys solving deep problems with elegant code. You don't have to have experience building digital experience functionality (though it'd be cool), but you do need to enjoy the process of making tools better, faster, stronger... You love being a part of a small, agile team and the idea of building powerful functionality into a leading open source platform used by VMWare, HP, Coach, and others gets you super jazzed.
If this tickles your interest, apply now and let's chat.
* Work on exciting projects that are positioned to ensure Liferay's leadership in the digital experience platform
* Deliver high-quality code that continues to move Liferay forward in the industry
* Debug challenging issues
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience
* An experienced Full Stack Java EE developer
* Experience with JVM internals and performance analyzing
* Self-learner - this position will likely face technical challenges no other colleague is facing
* Business proficiency (both written and spoken) in English
* Very good at writing enterprise strength Java code
* Expert knowledge of Java build systems
* Knowledge/experience in writing Maven and Gradle
* Solid knowledge of Linux OS
* Love of learning
* Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills
Liferay is the provider of leading enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products. With offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Liferay offers professional services, technical support, custom development and professional training for many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Liferay is an open source portal offering multichannel content management and collaboration solutions for enterprises.