At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer for Uber's Identity team in Seattle. This engineer will work on Uber's public key infrastructure providing strong identity to services, personnel, workloads, and machines within Uber's microservice ecosystem.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Who You Are
You immerse yourself in security and have a passion for engineering. You are a subject matter expert, someone who brings organization to everything you do, and are excited to solve crazy hard problems that make an impact.
What you'll do
* You'll push the boundaries of security technology to create systems to manage identity for services, personnel, machines, and workloads.
* Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
* Perform security assessments of public key infrastructure and identity systems
What You'll Need
* A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
* Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
* Knowledge of PKI systems (openssl, Vault, EJBCA, Lemur)
* Programming skills (Python, Go, Java, Node)
* AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
* Applied cryptography and key management
* Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
* A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
* A solid understanding of software and system architecture patterns (central and distributed systems)
* Ability to provide deep technical mentorship and guidance
* Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely, both verbally and in writing to people with all levels of technical experience
* Experience with *nix environments and/or Bash
* Container experience (Docker)
* Container As A Service experience a plus (Mesos, Kubernetes)
About The Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.