Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
* Partner with a talented team of developers to develop, design, and implement scalable and future-proof software solutions
* Enhance our internal and client-facing web portals
* Solve interesting and challenging problems from refactoring to design and testing
* Audit, evaluate, and refactor existing legacy code
* Participate in an energized agile software development lifecycle
* Working knowledge of PHP or another high-level web-centric programming language (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
* 3+ years of full stack OOP experience
* Computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
* Familiarity with the LAMP environment
* Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as our needs evolve
* Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
* Experience with relational database design principles (e.g., MySQL)
* Knowledge of the MVC Architectural Pattern
* Experience with API development.
* Familiarity with one or more development frameworks (Zend, RoR, Symfony)
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
* Comprehensive health-care benefits
* Free lunch every Friday
* Flexible paid time off policy
* Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
* Fitness reimbursement
* Charity match program
* Transit subsidy in select cities
* Education reimbursement
* And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto is a provider of data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions.