We are currently recruiting for a Contract Software Engineer for an 8 month assignment. As a Software Engineer you will develop embedded applications that provide functionality to HME products, with an emphasis on real-time, multitasking designs. You will participate in the development of software and network applications and business solutions that enhance HME's product line.
What you will do in this position:
Diagnostic & Automated Testing
* White-box testing of core features of HME embedded development
* Develop automated testis
* Diagnostic test design and development - to establish system performance baseline and enable regression testing to confirm system performance baseline
* Works with more experienced engineers on design & development
* Works independently and in consultation with more experienced engineers
Documentation, Testing, and Review
* Provides input into the requirements and specifications for a given firmware/software project.
* Helps document and review overall architecture and individual objects (modules) for a given firmware/software project.
* Performs both unit and system tests on components and objects of a firmware (or software) project.
What you need to succeed in this position:
* Working closely embedded development team to facilitate white-box testing of core features and setting automated tests
* 3+ years of experience in developing and/or testing user space applications in embedded Linux devices
* Experience with test automation tools
* Must be experienced with shell scripting, Node.js.
* Knowledge of C/C++, proficient in coding using C/C++
* Familiar with object-oriented and structured software design methods
* Familiar with the Agile development process and a willingness to work in an Agile environment
* Proficient in real-time multitasking operating systems
* Proficient in design of applications that implement user interfaces
* Proficient in utilizing debugger tools
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or manipulate objects. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, work with computer and office equipment, machinery, or electrical tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Position requires frequent contact outside the department or company and the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate with occasional loud noise. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, works in high, precarious places, is exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and is regularly at risk of electric shock. The employee will occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
HME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideraion for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."
HM Electronics manufactures and sells customer-focused solutions and products for drive-thru and pro-audio industries.