Software Engineer - Compute Platform
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
The Compute Platform team builds and runs the Twitter cloud platform, a containerized environment that spans private and public cloud and runs much of twitter.com, our advertising business, and our internal infrastructure. The platform runs multi-tenant workloads ranging from latency critical microservices and CPU intensive ML jobs to, increasingly, more stateful services like databases and caches. We run at substantial scale with individual clusters of 10's of thousands of physical machines and millions of CPU cores.
We're a tight knit team with a strong emphasis on collaboration. Our focus is on solving the right problems for our users while maintaining operational scalability and with an eye to platform efficiency. We're committed to open source and are active contributors and participants in multiple communities.
Who You Are:
We're looking for senior software engineers to join us in solving challenging infrastructure problems at scale. Our roadmap is ambitious and focused in three areas: (1) migrating our cluster orchestration stack from Aurora/Mesos to Kubernetes, (2) extending a consistent platform across private and public cloud, and (3) fully supporting stateful services on the platform.
* Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable computing systems
* Strong ownership from inception and design through to deployment and maintenance
* On-call rotation to maintain the platform (we have one of the lowest rates of pages!)
* Collaborate with users throughout the company to understand needs
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
* 5+ years of software development experience in Java/Scala/C++/Go
* Proven track record of shipping and owning production services
* Experience with Linux
* Experience with large-scale cluster orchestration (Kubernetes, Aurora/Mesos, etc)
* Experience with public cloud
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a social networking platform.