As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the overall development of avionics software for launch vehicle communication and networking systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of flight avionics systems development. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment while demonstrating personal leadership, technical excellence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Plan, design, prototype, develop, integrate, verify, qualify, and ultimately fly the software for communications and networking avionics
* Develop software requirements and design for safety critical, fault tolerant systems
* Prototype, evaluate, demonstrate, quantify, and mitigate technical risks of your designs
* Develop embedded C/C++ software for safety/mission critical real-time applications
* Develop comprehensive unit and integration tests to assure software quality
* Integrate, verify, and qualify avionics systems
* Produce technical documentation for software design, verification plans
* Participate in board bring-up for new embedded platforms
* B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related field
* 3+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, and testing of C/C++ for embedded systems
* Experience integrating software, hardware, and programmable logic in embedded systems
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Innovative problem solving skills with an interest in spacecraft systems development
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. degree (or higher) with a focus on communications or networking
* Experience designing, developing, and testing safety/mission critical aerospace flight software compliant with industry standards
* Experience developing board support packages and device drivers for RTOS or bare metal applications on single and multicore processors
* Experience with networking protocols (TCP/UDP/IP), routing, modeling, simulation
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.