Search for more jobs
Software Engineer - Cloud & Kubernetes
* Job: 19765-SMAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
The Enterprise Deployment Team is looking for a smart, creative and energetic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in the evolution of the MATLAB Production Server. Join this team and help MathWorks migrate our solutions to the cloud. This is an application server for MATLAB based applications, for modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds. We are looking for highly motivated developers who are passionate about delivering production-ready, scalable software and enjoy working with the latest technologies.
The successful candidate in this role will find themselves working on MathWorks next generation of services-based architecture. Some specific roles and responsibilities are:
* Play a key role in designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB enterprise deployment services and infrastructure for public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) and private clouds using cloud native technologies.
* Collaborate in an agile environment with a highly cross-functional team.
* Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and high-level design, to coding, testing, debugging, performance improvement, and maintenance.
* Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend.
* Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews, and project planning.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Experience with C++
Combinations of the below are nice to have:
* Excellent API design skills
* Experience in distributed systems, fault tolerance, and scalability
* Familiarity with service-oriented and microservices design
* Experience writing unit and integration tests
* Interested in Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, and serverless computing such as AWS Lambda
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
* Experience with other programming languages such as Java or Go
* Experience with building frameworks such as Maven or Make
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.