We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again.
eero is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to build key user-facing features and backend cloud services. The eero cloud is built in Scala on AWS backed by Postgres. Our cloud-based backend allows our users to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot their devices and networks from anywhere. In a typical week, you will work closely with product managers, designers, and iOS, Android, and frontend engineers to prototype, design, and build core experiences for existing and future products. You will also be defining APIs, reviewing technical proposals, and contributing to our internal tools and test frameworks.
* You have been building web applications professionally for 3+ years
* You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
* You are fluent in software fundamentals including software design, algorithms, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability
* You love exploring new technologies and architectural trends
* You have a deep understanding of the full development life cycle starting with feature concept to shipping of a feature
* You are a strong communicator and enjoy working on teams
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn't wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that's what we've done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it's connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
eero is a provider of a home WiFi system.