Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
* Responsible for application development and support of Cengage Learning's high-quality, electronic products.
* Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, fast paced, and Agile team.
* Build enterprise software systems and software solutions.
* Scope, approve, develop and implement software projects.
* Participate as software developer in complex services and systems integration.
* Perform front end development using React.js.
* Develop software solutions using industry and company best standards and practices.
* Communicate with non-technical staff to ensure the delivery is what is to be expected.
* Responsible for end-to-end delivery.
Skills You Will Need Here:
Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, plus two (2) years of experience analyzing, designing and coding large scale web applications. Or, alternatively, Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, plus four (4) years of experience analyzing, designing and coding large scale web applications.
Candidate must also possess:
* DE building and maintaining Java-based web applications and web services, and integrating web applications with REST services.
* DE building user interfaces using component-based UI libraries, including React.js.
* DE developing web applications using SQL databases, including MySQL, and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.