Are you a deeply technical software engineer who is intrigued by the opportunity to build software that you know will have immediate impact for a multitude of customers?
We are a team of expert developers that tackle the hardest challenges faced by Azure customers. We build open-source software to address those challenges or embed directly with our Azure engineering teams to build the capabilities into the core services. Over the years, we have had a lot of success building services, solutions, and developer experiences alongside engineering teams that enable our customers to build their solutions. We are continuing to scale our efforts in this space and are hiring engineers to focus on uncovering and solving more of these difficult problems.
This is a deeply-technical-coding-heavy role. While Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) is a worldwide team of engineers that spends a majority of our time coding directly with customers, this sub-team will primarily create software that impacts all Azure developers by building core capabilities into our cloud platform. You will be expected to spend most of your time coding with a small team of developers, just like you would on a core engineering team.
* 3+ years coding frontend apps, backend services, or cloud infrastructure.
* Experience developing cloud solutions: PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, and/or Serverless.
* Experience developing amazing developer experiences including SDKs, APIs, CLIs, and tools.
* Experience developing container based solutions with an orchestrator such as Kubernetes.
* Experience building DevOps pipelines.
* Experience working on tight-knit collaborative team.
* Customer empathy or a desire to code with customers to develop this skill.
* Constant learner, ready to pick up new technologies, patterns and paradigms.
Nice to have:
* Experience coding with customers.
* Experience with Kanban process.
* Experience working for a major cloud provider.
* Experience developing high-throughput messaging systems.
* Experience contributing to open-source software projects.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Here's how we describe an ideal developer for our team:
* You have been writing and deleting code for 3+ years.
* You have built high-scale cloud services.
* You like to set your own direction and thrive in ambiguous environments.
* You go out of your way to help other developers. You naturally share what you learn to help others grow. You enjoy pairing and participating in architecture, design and code reviews.
* You build high-quality code and know that quality is more than just unit tests and code coverage.
* You are respectful. You have an opinion, but you aren't opinionated. You respectfully disagree with others and make a case for your position.
* You are an optimizer. You do something once and then automate it. You always package up your reusable code and share it with others.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.