Robert Half International is seeking a Software Engineer to support our enterprise Managed File Transfer (MFT) applications. The applications automates the secure storage and transfer of files including data transformation. Primary responsibilities include designing, supporting, upgrading the applications and partnering with over 30 IT and Business teams to design and implement global solutions. Key technical skills required include AWS cloud hosting concepts (S3 buckets, CloudFormation, Security Groups, VPC Peering, etc.), VB Script, PowerShell, Java Scripts, Batch Scripts, Autosys, SSH/Encryption technologies, service accounts and application configuration/security. In addition, the candidate will create system specifications, conduct system testing, coordinate and drive issue resolution with multiple teams and be on call 24/7.
The candidate would have the opportunity to learn and support our global Workday application. That would include learning or having prior knowledge in web service/SOAP/REST/XML/XSLT coding - on job training on Workday SaaS toolset will be offered to well-qualified candidates. In addition, this role will analyze technical and systems problems and recommend automated solutions, processes and procedures for improvement. The qualified individual is required to create system specifications, write code, configure system settings, and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing. The individual will also lead cross-functional teams to address system, interface, data and vendor issues. There will be opportunities to work on Workday and other HR SaaS systems with general support, enhancements, and new projects.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of developer experience.
* 2+ years' experience with business applications.
* Performs Software Engineer and BSA duties for MoveIT Central and MoveIT DMZ (IPSwitch product)
* Good knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Good knowledge of n-tiered architecture
* 2 + years experience writing/modifying programs for a small to mid-size application
* 2+ years experience administering and/or configuring an application
* Good understand of DB concepts
* Basic understanding of XML interfaces and Web Services
* Training will be provided on the application and the associated technologies
* Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies is a plus
* Shares knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
* Ability to work at his/her own direction and balance competing priorities and customer needs.
* Completes his or her own assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
* Debugs and triages integration issues and defects. Implements and tests fixes where necessary.
* Manages interface schedules to client SLAs. Defines client interface calendar and inventory, monitors integrations to completion, establishes and supports file transmission automation and supporting documentation.
* Understand security and encryption best practices and enforce the use of best practices and standards
* Supports the RH team through test execution, issue triage and knowledge transfer activities.
* Clearly and succinctly documents communications to customers using issue management system.
* Replicates and verifies customer problems to identify potential solutions.
* Collaborates with team members to research, identify and validate issue resolutions.
* Effectively prioritizes customer issues as required.
* Ability to work effectively with business and technology management and staff
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
* Ability to work independently and perform against tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
* Strong self-motivation balanced with a desire to achieve team goals.
* Working knowledge of object-oriented and relational model concepts.
Additional Requirements (not a must)
* Performs Software Engineer duties on the Workday product suite, specializing and leading integration work for a particular functional area such as HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Talent, or Absence Management.
* Experience with web service integrations (SOAP, REST, WSDL, and XML).
* Working knowledge of XSLT, XSLT editors, such as Oxygen.
* Provides estimates on effort, defining requirements, designing and developing the solution using the Workday Integration Tool Kit - Core Connectors, EIBs, Document Transforms, and Workday Studio.
* Supports client and client teams in creating complex reports and resolving issues with existing reports.
* Maintains integration related requirements and technical documentation.
* Understands business requirements, configures the solution, develops prototype systems and assists with testing.
* Understands the importance of testing, and executes it thoroughly.
* Provides "outside the box" thinking and creative solutions for uncommon issues and new or soon-to-be-released Workday enhancements.
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.