SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (BUILD AND RELEASE)
Software Delivery Engineering develops the infrastructure which allows engineers across the company to develop, test, and ship highly robust software to the SpaceX fleet of rockets and spacecraft.
This team works with all engineering disciplines to integrate design specifications, source code, system configuration, test data, and historical operational data into a single cohesive product.
On the rails of this infrastructure, R&D efforts transition seamlessly into scalable production systems, and demonstrate to internal/external stakeholders the fitness of SpaceX's capabilities of sending people to Earth orbit and on to Mars.
* Develop tools and workflows to be used by other software engineers around the company.
* Own all aspects of software product development, including design, testing, and operational support.
* Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline, OR 2+ years in software engineering without a degree.
* Experience with Python and Python based development frameworks.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
* Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
* Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team.
* Professional experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
* Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel / Pants / Buck, Gradle, etc) and package management tools (pip, npm, etc).
* Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and LXC.
* Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Engine.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.