Using state-of-the-art machine learning and big data techniques, GumGum enables highly impactful digital advertising campaigns with contextual understanding. At a scale of millions of pages per day and billions of interactions per day, we leverage computer vision and natural language processing to deliver the most intelligent and intuitive digital ad placements in-market today. You will work directly with bleeding edge technologies in a highly scalable, cloud-based environment. Our mission is to innovate and apply technology in order to extract the deepest possible insights from digital content and empower our customers with artificial intelligence.
Our Advertising Applications team is responsible for all Advertising based web APIs and applications, used by both internal and external users. GumGum is looking for a Software Engineer focused on developing an API alongside the front end applications that consume it. Although this role is focused on the backend API, our team works cross functionally, so you could work on the front end as well if interested! Our team currently uses technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, MySQL, and Kotlin, along with React, Redux, and ES6 on the front end. You'll have a real impact as you work on apps used every day across our company, and you'll be part of a team that prioritizes skill sharing and learning.
* Design, develop, and maintain new features and improvements for Java/Kotlin APIs
* Help maintain our MySQL database, including writing SQL queries to bulk insert or change entries and alter table schemas
* Develop a deep understanding of the business and industry to be able to make decisions about our technical approaches and help our users
* Collaborate with a variety of teams including Product, Data Engineering, DevOps, and UI
* Write tests alongside every feature and review teammates' code changes
* 1+ years experience with Java
* Good knowledge of SQL is required
* Familiar with RESTful API concepts
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, from engineering to product to stakeholder teams
* Organized, self-starter with proactive attitude
* Flexible time off and work schedule
* Stock Options
* 401K Matching
* Strong health, vision and dental benefits
* Paid Parental leave
* Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
* Discounted Pet Health Program
* Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
* GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
* Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
* Stocked kitchen
Career Development Focus
* Ongoing learning and development, including a yearly budget for education opportunities such as websites, books, classes, etc.
* Yearly budget to attend relevant conferences and events
* Side projects and yearly Hackathon
* Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software our own open source software
* Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
* Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
GumGum delivers digital advertising inline with images and content, creating high engagement for brands and new revenue for publishers.