Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere commitment to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating at every level. As our president and COO David Ko says, "We are a company that continuously innovates. It cannot end. It has to be in everything we do, which means that some of the things we're going to do are not going to work - and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that follows consumers over their lifetime."
Rally Engineering is modern, in public cloud (AWS), micro services based large distributed system and is quality driven. Our stack consists of Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, and CircleCI as well as microservices utilizing Scala, Play, Akka, MongoDB, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kafka, Spark, HDFS etc.
Rally Recover is an early-stage post-operative patient engagement platform utilizing a configurable provider web-based dashboard and patient-facing mobile device application to improve patient-provider communications and lower the cost of care. Founded in 2016 by orthopedic surgeons, the Company's platform optimizes post-discharge care, physical therapy and post-discharge communications between the patient and provider care team.
As a member of the Rally Recover Engineering Team, you will be working on technologies that help to improve engineering organization's efficiency and keep Rally's ecosystem on modern and cutting edge technologies.
* Developing API's and integrations for a large-scale, cloud-based application
* Building and implementing microservices to improve scalability and performance
* Participating in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production
* Working to develop and maintain common purpose libraries and frameworks to be used by the engineering organization.
* Researching and prototyping potential areas of technology investment to increase engineering effectiveness.
* Acquiring deep understanding of Rally's technical stack
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience
* Experience command of Scala or Java already OR have a desire to learn Scala
* Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
* Prior experience with developing libraries and frameworks
* Familiarity with RDBMS and NoSQL
* Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing, monitoring) a distributed applications (S3, RDS, Redshift, caches, NOSQL).
* Practical knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
* Experience writing unit tests and integration tests
* Experience using git and workflows such as GitFlow or OneFlow and peer reviews via Github pull requests
* Analytical and have a strong attention to detail
* Proactive self-starter with a results-oriented approach
* Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
* Bonus: Knowledge of other backend languages such as Ruby, Python, Go, and Java as wells as frameworks including Ruby on Rails or Django
Hiring for different Levels:
* Software Engineer, Back End: 3+ years prior work experience
* Senior Software Engineer, Back End: 5+ years prior work experience
* Principal Software Engineer, Back End: 8+ years prior work experience
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a company providing personalized data-driven information and recommendations.