At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
As a Back End Engineer at Kensho, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves working on a variety of systems ranging from wrangling data to developing web applications. You think deeply about the implications, relationships, edge cases, and failure modes, and you are passionate about correctness, uptime, stability, and writing the next thing so you aren't spending time maintaining older projects.
Are you a prolific, intellectually curious technologist who appreciates code, math, and beauty? We are on a mission to clarify complex data through scientific, statistical, analytical, computational, and inspired study. By transforming the data, we are able to bring transparency to some of the most important issues on the planet. You will be joining a team of veterans from Google, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as academia.
What You'll Do:
* Build a robust data platform for analytics and machine learning with a focus on scalability and test-driven reusable code * Dig into data and think deeply. Analyze, transform, structure, and crunch financial data that is growing in size, diversity, and complexity, detecting anomalies and handling variations * Design interfaces, APIs, and services that address immediate needs * Quickly create an end-to-end and transform iteratively
What We Look For:
* At least one core expertise, such as Python, distributed computing, statistical/financial analysis, or (actually big) data * Desire to work on diverse sets of financial and related data * Practical understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns * Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits * Thoughtful and collaborative code-reviewing and teamwork * 2+ years of experience
How to Really Get Our Attention:
* Major technical contributor at a top software company * Open source projects, research, publications, and patents that show innovation and initiative
Technologies We Like:
* Python - specifically Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, django, flask and celery * Infrastructures such as kubernetes, nginx, redis, and RabbitMQ * Data stores like PostgreSQL and various NoSQL alternatives * Ubuntu linux or similar * Development and debugging tools like Git, Jenkins, Sentry, Kibana
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered * Unlimited vacation days * Paid Parental Leave * 401(k) plan with employer match * Free snacks and drinks * Dog-friendly office * Cardio machines and weights in the office * Hubway (bike sharing program) membership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About Kensho Technologies
Kensho Technologies is a data analytics and machine intelligence company.