As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop software for specialized test systems in support of avionics hardware test for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of avionics hardware functional test and verification. You will coordinate the development of test equipment software and procedures with avionics subsystem owners, integration and test engineers, and operations personnel. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Design, development, verification, and integration of specialized test software to support avionics hardware functional test and verification with a strong focus on automation
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with delivering test systems
* Support functional checkout of systems under test and provide training to test and operations personnel
* Support review and analysis of data from test operations
* Minimum of a B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* 2+ years of software development experience related to electrical or electronic hardware test
* Experience developing software in C and C++
* Experience with scripting in Python
* Strong data analysis skills and the ability to create automated data analysis routines for complex test articles
* Passion for automation and working at the boundary of software and hardware
* Ability to travel and work at remote sites supporting test integration, operations, and training (10%)
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* 3+ years of integrated test experience in the aerospace, automotive, or motorsports industries
* Experience developing common software architectures for both Windows and Linux platforms
* Experience managing complex projects combining hardware, software, and firmware
* Experience with testing real-time embedded systems in modular, distributed, and extensible architectures
* Experience developing testing programs to SMC-S-016, and/or NASA-STD-8739.n standards
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.