At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Software Engineer for Autonomy Systems will be involved with developing autonomy software which spans different subsystems. Will work on various problems like software architecture, system performance and latency, data flow and shared subsystems like mapping.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll need
* BS / MS / PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
* For non CS majors or BS candidates, strong industry software experience (2-5 years)
* Strong programming skills in C++ or C
* Comfortable programming in Python
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Ability to work on large code bases
* Ability to understand and modify systems involving mathematical concepts
* Strong software development background demonstrated by industry experience in robotics, systems software, computer vision, gaming, or mapping
* Experience programming in C++ for a real world robotic system
* Motion planning or other autonomy experience,
* Comfortable with Linux/other unix environments
* Experience with machine learning systems, routing algorithms
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.