Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Software Engineer - Automation Testing
Req #: 190036352
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
The Digital Business Services team is chartered with managing and directing the business services supporting major externally facing application components (web and native mobile apps) focusing on the discipline of functional delivery in the area of customer login, enrollment, product enrollment, and data sourcing across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. enterprise.
As an Automation Engineer you will work will with all aspects of software development lifecycle and be the Scrum team's primary enabler of increased automation and quality enhancements. Candidate must have a solid understanding of middleware messaging technology with proven experience working in a multi-tiered environment. Candidate should be well versed in testing techniques and be able to produce comprehensive tests for all developed code. Candidate must also support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises. Candidate should be capable of producing solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications.
* Leading regression testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability and systems safety and security.
* Understanding the interfacing applications, test environments and our tools and methodologies.
* Drive test strategy formulation with developers including decomposition of business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, oversee and advise on test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities.
* Ensure development of test case execution plan and oversee test case execution, issue management, and status metrics.
* Working with a global team and responsible for directing/reviewing the test planning and execution work efforts of an offshore team.
* Communicating effectively with business units, IT Development, Project Management and other support staff on testing timelines, deliverables, status and other information.
* Assisting in the project quality reviews for your assigned applications
* Assessing risk to the project based on the execution and validation and making appropriate recommendations
* Ability to interpret quality audits, drive improvements and change, and facilitate test methodology discussions across the business unit
* Additional areas of responsibilities include:
* Providing project implementation support on an as needed basis
* Assisting with application training of new resources.
* Acting as a liaison between the Line of Business testing resources and the development team
* 5 + years in Information technology, minimum 5 years of experience working with full SDLC
* Strong knowledge and experience in Agile Methodology
* Strong knowledge of testing methodologies with specialization in Web services, middleware technologies and UI automation
* Must work collaboratively with Business System Analysts/Developers and proactively identify defects during each Iteration / Sprint.
* Must be detail oriented and capable of analyzing issues from the perspective of customers/users
* Experience in testing SOAP / REST services.
* Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito
* Hands-on experience with understanding and updating Gherkin (Given/When/Then) will be a plus
* Hands on experience on with Test cycle management tools like JIRA/HP ALM
* Strong Knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools required
* 3+ years of hands on automation development using SOAP UI with Java or groovy.
* 3+ years of hands on automation development using LISA or Cucumber
* 3+ years of hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. BDD and Cucumber)
* Experience with API and service testing
* 3+ years of experience as software developer using any one of Object oriented languages (e.g. Java/Ruby, Python, C#, C++, etc.)
* Experience with Spring
* Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, design patterns, industry best practices
* Experience building / testing REST and SOAP web services
* Experience with SQL/Stored Procedures on one of the following databases (DB2, MySQL, Oracle)
* Experience with scripting and working in a Linux environment
* Experience working on large and medium scale software projects
* Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale
* Experience working in a fast-paced financial services/digital focused delivery environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.